Newell Brands Material Handler in Victorville, California
Location: Victorville, Ca 92394
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Distribution and Logistics
Lead other: No
Job Type: Supply Chain
Experience: At least 1 year
Relocation Covered: No
Position Title: Material Handler-Skilled
Reports To: Shift supervisor
Salary Grade: hourly
Bonus Plan: N/A
Newell Brands is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody, and Teutonia.
Under the direct supervision of the shift supervisor, the material handler is responsible for operating powered industrial equipment for the purpose of loading, unloading, moving, locating, relocating, and stacking product. Ensuing product is free from damage before loading trailers for shipment.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Drives a forklift or other PIT equipment during loading and unloading of trailers and or containers
• Is able to understand and implement safe, efficient material handling and lifting procedures.
• Ability to follow and comply with all building safety rules and policies
• Can perform the work required in a timely manner and maintain adequate production in order to meet service schedules and demands.
• Ability to read shipping orders and packing list information provided by vendor
• Uses computer and computerized equipment such as scanners for accurate product placement.
• Verify, count and package product against packing list.
• Must be able to physically lift and walk several steps carrying up to 60lbs
• Must demonstrate a positive team player attitude
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write English
Minimum Position Requirements:
Minimum H.S Diploma or equivalent
Candidates must successfully pass a criminal background and drug screen process
Must be able to pass a powdered industrial truck certification course.
Sitting or standing for extended periods.
8 hour shift sometimes longer depending on business need.
Ability to work in fast pace work environment, multi-task, tolerate frequent interruptions, must be change adaptive.
Ability to work in a non- temperature controlled environment.
Newell Brands and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V is encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.