Technica LLC Electronics Technician Maintenance II (Short Term, Temporary Position) in Fort Irwin, California
Electronics Technician Maintenance II (Short Term, Temporary Position)
Fort Irwin, CA
Technica is seeking hard-working, ambitious individuals to join our team. For nearly 15 years, Technica has provided services to military, government and commercial customers. If you meet the qualifications of the position below, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Electronics Technician Maintenance II in Fort Irwin, CA
This is a short-term temporary position beginning in the middle of May 2018 and lasting approximately 3 weeks. The work schedule is a 12-hour shift. The compensation is $33.12 per hour. Candidates outside the local area of Fort Irwin, California will be provided transportation/airfare, lodging, and per-diem.
• Troubleshoot and repair current military and commercial radios and equipment.
• Research appropriate supply/management systems and maintain automated audit and updates procedures.
• Inspect and perform maintenance actions and determine repair parts.
• Use diagnostic and test equipment to diagnose, troubleshoot, adjust and repair radio and related equipment.
• Use hand, air and electric tools and shop equipment.
• Perform clean-up duties and police areas as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
• Must be a US citizen.
• Four (4) years verifiable experience in repair and maintenance of current Combat, Tactical and Commercial Communication equipment (SINGARS required).
• Must have experience with C4I.
• Must understand and be able to use technical manuals.
• Perform heavy physical labor.
• Operate a PC and related software.
• Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to obtain base access.
Work is primarily performed on the site of a military base.
This position requires sufficient physical ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform work in a site maintenance setting; which includes, frequent interruptions, the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time, to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist, to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight, to operate tools requiring repetitive hand movement, to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard, to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation, to verbally communicate to exchange information with or without accommodation, to see in the normal visual range with or without correction, and can hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Technica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Technica recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity. Technica provides fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sexual preference, partnership status, gender identity, disability, genetic information, and protected veteran status, status of participation in the U.S. Armed Services, or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Technica hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Technica reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Technica encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and members or veterans of the U.S. Armed Services to apply.
This position is a short-term, temporary position, and therefore not eligible for benefits.